Monday, March 21, 2011

Assignment Review

Well here I am, way behind on assignment recaps again!

Last we spoke about photography class we had just completed our snow day field trip to Beacon Hill Park.

I handed in the three photos I posted last time and got great feedback.

IMG_7322 (800x533)

For the bridge shot my instructor only pointed out that he would have liked to have been able to read the whole sign at the back of the scene.  My reasoning for not featuring the whole sign was because if I had taken that big step to the right to get the correct angle I would have lost the composition of the tree and the bamboo that I was going for.  I also really liked my angle on the bridge.

Side note:  Charmaine was shooting about 2 feet away from me so I would have either stepped into her shot or stepped on her!! :)

IMG_7341 (800x527)

For the tree shots, my handing in two versions of the same shot totally worked.  He liked my first shot focusing on the tree, but was quick to draw attention to that little building that looks like a hat in the background.  Again he wanted me to step to my right and hide that hat (but there was stuff over to the left that I didn’t want in the background…so either way there was something!).

IMG_7348 (800x532)

But when my second shot with the focus changed to the greenery in the foreground came up, everyone liked it!  The background blur took the emphasis off the little building and softened the whole shot.  Exactly what I was hoping he would say. :)

So I guess maybe I am learning something! haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment