Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Assignment Review

I’m a little late catching up on photography class.  I actually forgot to put my submissions for Project #2 on my jump drive so didn’t hand them in until this week.

I opted to go with one shot of each bench.  Aside from pointing out that my horizon is a bit crooked (which I knew) and that it might have been nicer if the bench leg didn’t run out of the frame (which totally makes sense to me now that he’s pointed it out), my instructor liked this shot.  The exposure and focus are nice and clear…which is really the big thing right now.

IMG_6936

I ended up using this black and white shot with the people walking through it because I love it.  I knew that he would have a few things to say about the composition, but it’s still a good shot and meets the requirements of the project. 

IMG_6951

He agreed with me that this would be even better if the bench was anchored to the right frame of the shot…and he made the whole class laugh because he was saying how he would have preferred to see the people a bit more to the left to fill some of that void space.  We laughed because they were actually an accident…which he understood, but said he would have sat there waiting for someone else to walk through at the right time!

Hard to pull off when using the self-timer to take the shot.  Maybe he should buy all of us cable releases?!  :)

Anyway, at the end of the day I felt good about this project. yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment